Procedure at the Municipal Office 


Complete the procedures below at the municipal office in which you live. The service is available from two weeks before departure. 

  • File the “Moving-out Notification” 
  • Cancel National Health Insurance 
  • Withdraw National Pension 
  • Return My Number Card (Individual Number Card ) *only for those who have 

What to bring:
Residence Card, Student ID, Insurance Card, Pension Handbook, My Number Card

If you don’t file the “Moving-out Notification”, you may continue to receive National Pension and Health Insurance claims as if you were still living in Japan. Therefore, please don’t fail to complete this procedure.