Procedure for status of residence 


To apply for and obtain a Visa to Japan, you need to submit a “Certificate of Eligibility” with other required documents. International Center will perform the procedure for issuing this certificate.

General steps to be issued a Visa are following:

International Center applies for issuing “Certificate of Eligibility”.

Students receive issued “Certificate of Status of Residence” from International Center.

Students submit the Visa application form and the “Certificate of Eligibility” to the Overseas Japanese Diplomatic Establishment office.

Students receive issued Visa from the government office.

Students enter Japan within 3 months

Contact: International Center (phone extension: 2883)